You have been looking at wedding cakes for a long time and now your big day has finally arrived. The bakery is delivering it or you have created the best cake ever yourself! All your hopes and dreams are on the verge of coming true. Just imagine standing with your new husband getting ready to cut the most beautiful edible work of art you have ever seen. Your guests have given you so many compliments on your reception and your dress, of course. You are beaming that everything has turned out perfectly.
Is your big day going to be elegant, enchanting, magical, romantic, simple, intricate, or unusual?
If you are not sure which style suites you, I will give you some direction to help you nail down your choice. You have come to the right site! I will provide you with plenty of information to help you decide upon your very own. You can do so many things to personalize it and make your day spectacular.
Some brides-to-be choose their dress first and then choose the cake to compliment the dress; others even have the cake made to look like the dress. Some brides-to-be choose the cake first and possibly have had it selected for a very long time. Either way is fine; whatever way suits your personality!
Wedding cakes come in all sizes, colors, flavors, and shapes. You are not stuck with the traditional white cake anymore. Now, if you can picture what you want, most likely, someone can create it just for you. You may have to do a bit of searching in order to find a bakery that can make your dream cake. You might already know someone you trust who can make it to your specifications. When you see one you like, ask who made it. You may be able to get that same person to design yours.
You may want to make your own, in which case, you can check out some places to find the supplies you need. Numerous books and magazines will show you how to design yours with the look you want. I will show you how to create that special wedding cake so that you can have total control. Just explore this site and get ready to learn cake decorating techniques to make your cake the best cake ever!
Toppers come in many styles now, too. The traditional bride and groom toppers have moved over to make way for some fun and inventive ones. You are sure to find one to suit you. Some brides-to-be even opt for no topper. It is all up to you.
This is your moment to shine and to have everything just the way you want it. Do not be afraid to make your wishes known and do not be afraid to dream about what could be. You can make it happen. Stop dreaming and start creating!
- Cakes: Where You Make the Difference
- Learn how to bake and decorate a wedding cake and other types of cakes, learn about the cool, new tools to use, how to choose your cake style, and many other cake topics.
- Cake Your Way
- Creating a cake your way for your big day is part of the thrill of designing your cake!
- DIY wedding cake
- DIY wedding cake is the way to make a cake that is truly your own!
- Make Your Own Wedding Cake
- If you want to make your own wedding cake, you have to think about a few things. After you look at my list and think about the categories, decide if you are still interested in making your o
- Different types of cake frosting to use in creating your work of art are discussed
- Have you ever thought about using fondant, but were too afraid to try? It is also know as sugar-craft and is very popular.
- Royal Icing Recipe
- This Royal Icing recipe is very easy to make. How to make royal icing depends on if you prefer using meringue powder or using egg whites. Many cake decorators use it to make many different kinds of
- Candied flowers
- Creating candied flowers is a fun way to use real flowers on your wedding cake or on any cake!
- Wedding Cake Toppers
- A guide to choosing a wedding cake toppers
- links and books
- List of links and books that relate to weddings, cakes, and other things
- Gallery of cakes- pictures to inspire you!
- Wedding Gallery
- Wedding gallery of cakes - Check out the wedding cakes and be inspired!
- Wedding Theme
- Your wedding is a celebration of love and the wedding theme is a reflection of your personal style. Through thorough and careful planning, nearly every aspect of this day can be coordinated to reflec
- Would you like to receive a weekly newsletter in you inbox about cake decorating and wedding planning? Sign up here!
- Petit Fours
- Learn how to make great little petit fours for a special occasion or just to enjoy with your family. They are not hard to make and look stunning!
- Zebra Stripe Cake
- Create a zebra stripe cake with a simple technhique that will make you look like a genius!
- Topsy Turvy Cake
- Have you ever wanted to make a topsy turvy cake and just were too afraid to try? Wee. I was that way, too! I found a great video that gave wonderful istructions and I was able to create a gorgeous top
- Flower Tools
- For Christmas, I received some new cake flower tools! They came in a Wilton Student Kit I already had some of the tools, but I was happy with the tools that were new to me! The kit has decorating
- About Me: Shirley Coffman
- About me is where you will find out all sorts of information about me, Shirley Coffman.
- Cake Garnishes
- Cake garnishes are one of many ways to put a finishing touch on your cake decorating project. Sugar-frosted fruit and fresh flowers are very popular cake decorating garnishes. They will add a contras
- Cake Books
- Reviews of Cake books! You're sure to find one you like!
- Cupcake Wedding Cakes
- So, you are considering cupcake wedding cakes. Cupcakes are really being touted as the new, trendy way to have your wedding cake and have it less costly.
- Cake Books
- Shop for Cake books here!
- Writing on a Cake
- Writing on cake is an incredible opportunity to show off your talent in cake decorating; it can also show off your lack of talent if it is not done well. To master the art, and it is an art, of writ